Monday, March 7, 2011

hiatus

My recent knitting is catching up with me. I'm having a little bout of tendinitis in my thumb and so I'm having to take a break. It's very hard! I think I've had to tell myself about a dozen times a day that picking up this or that project really isn't as good an idea as it sounds. The last thing I want is for this to become a chronic problem...YIKES...and so I've been thinking about knitting instead, planning out designs I want to try knitting up and possibly writing out. I've noticed a slight improvement today. Here's hoping that continues.

We had some glorious sunshine over the weekend and I was suddenly hit with the urge to go by the alpaca farm we used to live down the street from when my first sweet baby was born. He was a summer baby and we enjoyed many sunny walks (and grey, rainy ones too) over to visit the alpacas. Such strange beautiful animals. They are always so curious and watch us so intently.
alpaca farm
That was pretty much it for our weekend here. It seemed to go too fast, as it usually does. Fibres West is coming up in a couple weeks which I'm really looking forward to and then my sister and I are fleeing up the sunshine coast for a weekend which I'm a little giddy about. So much to look forward to. March is shaping up nicely.

3 comments:

  1. rest rest rest!!! take care of your hand :) you have a long knitting career to look forward too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love walking in that area too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Christmas time there is a tree stand that keeps a small pen of goats and alpacas. Once a week in December I take my children to feed them.

    Hope your hand feels better, soon!

    ReplyDelete