Friday, November 7, 2008

note to self

if you knit something following a pattern from a book from the library writing the title or even the name of the author done before returning the book might just be a good idea, especially if you haven't finished the project.

seems obvious right? you would think, but last fall when I first took up knitting a started this adorable little pixie toque for Oliver from a book I had out from the library at the time. It knit up super fast but I had never sewed up a project before (well actually I this was my first attempt at knitting anything other then a few gauge swatches) so I put it off in fear of ruining it...fast forward a year and a move later and I decided to pick up my knitting again. The book had long since been returned by this point and I have absolutely no idea what book it was from. I'm pretty sure if I saw the cover that I would remember what book it was, but the trouble is that not all books on the library website have cover pics so I just request a few books that sound interesting and hope that eventually I'll come across the mystery book. Well my first batch of books were on hold at the library so I went to pick them up and wouldn't you know it! as I'm scanning the books to check out there was the cover with THE hat on it. I almost squealed out loud. so needless to say I've added the book to my library on ravelry so at least it's documented now. oh and for those wondering the book is Knitting for Two by Erika Knight. It's a great book full of cute patterns.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect pancake recipe. I have to admit that I'm pretty picky about pancakes. I'm not a fan of mixes, I find they just taste like chemicals and who can enjoy that. So the other day I decided to make pancakes for lunch so I turned to my trusty Martha to search for a recipe to try. 30 min later I'm completely amazed at how many different types of pancakes are out there. who knew! I decide on her recipe for basic pancakes. They are AMAZING. so fluffy and tasty and better yet the recipe is super simple. I'm thinking of mixing up a couple of batches of the dry ingredients to have on hand although it goes together so quickly I'm not sure it's really worth it. I'd share a picture of these pancakes with you but I don't have one so you'll have to settle for the little boy who gobbled them up.

my boy

No comments:

Post a Comment