Friday, November 7, 2008

a little obsession

I have to admit that I have a little obsession with bird things. anything that has a cute little bird on it or is shaped like a bird catches my eye. I'm not sure what it is about them really, maybe because I was called chickadee by my mom my whole life, maybe because they seem so cheerful and free-spirited. Whatever it is I can't get enough. I've been oogling things like the bird in hand mittens by Kate Gilbert (I don't know if you can tell by the pics but there is a tiny little bird on the inside of the thumbs) these satisfy my obsession with mittens as well but then that's a whole other post. I also love these mittens from the Vogueknitting fall 2008 (I need to get my hands on this issue hmmm) ok enough mittens! Etsy is particularly dangerous because there are endless lists of drool-worthy things such as these sweet bluebird charms, this charming necklace, or these simple and graphic notecards. I remember a sweater I had as a little girl that had buttons down the front with little bluebirds, thankfully I have a mom who is sentimental and loves to save buttons so if I can find these buttons in her button box I'll have to use them on some project of my own. I could go on and on but I'll leave you instead with this pic of something from my current bird collection, a bird shaped lemon sqeezer-thingy for tea (very technical I know but I'm not really sure what else to call it)

a bird in the hand...

1 comment: