Thursday, December 4, 2008

updates

Just thought I'd update on some of my projects seeing as how I haven't done much blogging in the last little bit. I finally pulled out that pixie had and sewed up the seam. Amazingly it totally fit's my son. Boy it would have been huge on him last winter. I still plan on doing a few decorative things to finish it off a bit but I can't make up my mind so there it sits. I also finished the mittens for my sister's Christmas gift last week...my first FO. I think my gauge was slightly tighter on the second one but not enough to really notice i don't think. I really enjoyed knitting them though and can't wait to do a pair for myself once the hustle and bustle of Christmas has slowed down. I've had to put the bag for my mom on hold until I can get out and find more yarn. I'm short about 100 yds and the yarn is now discontinued so I'll have to find something of similar wait in a contrasting colour. Not the end of the world but annoying just the same. Note to self: when buying yarn for a specific pattern double check that you are getting enough yarn and get a little extra just in case. One of the things I love about knitting is that it's a constant learning curve. I get bored with things easily leading to a lot of unfinished projects, but I'm finding that if I pick a pattern with a new technique or some other challenge then it's just enough to get me hooked.

I woke up to a ground covered in sparkling silver frost, one of my favourite things about this time of year. I'm still holding out hope for a white Christmas but frost is almost as pretty...I'd settle for a frosty Christmas too
frost

No comments:

Post a Comment