Friday, April 8, 2011

sunshine coast

This past weekend my sister and I took a little trip up the sunshine coast for a couple days. It was laid back and relaxing and just a great time as usual. We are great travel companions. We enjoy seeing and doing the same things which makes for a lot of fun.
sunshine coast
We arrived in the rain but that didn't slow us down. We're west coast girls after all, rain is kinda the norm around here
sunshine coast
Warming up with some green tea and Japanese food. It was possibly the best Japanese food I've ever had. If you ever find yourself in Gibsons on the sunshine coast of BC Ichiban Sushi is a definite must.
sunshine coast
A boathouse garden
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
rocky shoreline
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
Our second day was unbelievably sunny and beautiful. A perfect day to get in on the first market of the season.
sunshine coast
my pretty sister
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
Hi!
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
Pretty, vibrant orange door to our cabin. each cabin door was painted a different colour. So charming.
sunshine coast
Lunch in Gibsons again on our last day. Again, excellent food.
sunshine coast
See? this was my crab and shrimp sandwich on toasted sourdough. Yum!
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
sunshine coast
street art
sunshine coast
headed home on the ferry
sunshine coast
All in all a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics of one of my favorite spots in the world! We lived in Sechelt for a year, and I miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I can see why you miss it! it's beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to get out with just my camera.

    ReplyDelete