Monday, April 13, 2009

things to come

i've developed a little obsession for wooden dolls, well reall wooden toys in general but i really have a softspot for wooden dolls. one of my favorite finds on etsy is the little wooden dolls from goosegrease. they remind me of these little wooden clospin dolls that my mom painted up as ballerinas and soldiers and hung in our christmastree as a little girl. very whimsical and i really loved them. anyways i mentioned to my mom that i wanted to get a set of nesting dolls and paint them myself and wouldn't you know it she had a set that she bought years ago but had never painted so she passed them on to me. they are so beautiful as is that i almost feel bad to paint them but i'm really excited to see them finished at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment